Scott Lively and Peter LaBarbera endorse Russia’s official antigay censorship and extrajudicial violence
Tagged: Scott Lively
From director Roger Ross Williams, comes a movie about the devastating effect of the descent of Evangelicals from the West on Uganda. XGW readers will be well familiar with the “Kill the Gays Bill” which came out of interventions in 2009 by a number of US evangelists, including The Pink Swastika author Scott Lively. We […]
The National Association for the Research and Therapy of Homosexuality is now the “main source of anti-gay ‘junk science,’” according to a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center. “But even as NARTH is held up as an authority on the science of homosexuality by both fringe groups and politically potent national organizations like […]
In an opinion piece for Christianity Today, Timothy Shah absolves American evangelicals from any responsibility for homophobia in Uganda and says the Anti-Homosexuality Bill is “a single legislative stunt by a single low-level politician.” Shah responds to the claim that a 2009 conference stirred up anti-gay sentiments . The agenda of its American organizers, Shah says, […]
Scott Lively made a small splash by deciding to open a Christian-themed coffee house in Springfield, Massachusetts called “Holy Grounds.” People wondered aloud if this was a “new leaf” being turned over, but Lively made known that he would continue to serve as a conference speaker on the topic of homosexuality. Now, it turns out […]
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
Scott Lively, the anti-gay activist whose conference appearance precipitated Uganda’s Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2009, is fighting back against the media’s “character assassination” of him. In an email sent to supporters this week, Lively wrote: Friends, I’m looking for a good Christian media source to interview me on film on the Uganda issue for posting online. I […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Anne Paulk is a bitter, mean, small-minded woman who use her...
- Boo says: Paulk also emphasizes marriage as a form of self-giving — as...
- Tim Warner says: I had an extended email exchange with Anne before she finally...
- Norm says: Like Alan Chambers, Anne Paulk shows that education and expertise in...
- James says: The World Medical Association has condemned the portrayal of homosexuality as...