British teenager Michael Causer died on August 2, 2008, aged 18, a week after being beaten and stabbed for being gay. Almost three years after this brutal, homophobic hate crime, Michael’s family, along with the LGBT community in Liverpool and across the UK, are asking why the story was largely ignored by the national media [...]
A gay teenager has died, just one week after he was brutally beaten in a homophobic attack. Eighteen-year-old Michael Causer of Whiston, near Liverpool, England, died in hospital on Saturday August 2 at 12.30pm. He had been attacked by other youths while walking with friends in nearby Huyton, some time before 11am on Friday July [...]
Story here. Updates here and here. I’ve been fortunate. I don’t live in the most gay-friendly community in the world, but I’ve never personally been subject to a homophobic assault in my area. My family is well-known round here, and it’s no secret that I’m gay. I’ve had schoolkids ask me about my partner, and [...]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Anthony Venn-Brown (@gayambassador) says: Love your work Mike....good article. strange word “Antinomianism” antinomian "one who...
- Ben in Oakland says: So they're admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated. Hmmmmmm.
- Mike Airhart says: It's interesting that Brown and Goldberg won't interview either the survivors...
- David Roberts says: Patrick can do as he feels best, but any changes should...
- Jayson Littman says: You said, "The real question is, how many of those kids...