Over the weekend, the America for Jesus rally descended upon Independence Mall in my hometown – Philadelphia, PA. Independence Mall is a large open area at the edge of Old City, Philly’s historical district. Old City is where you’ll find the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and various other Revolutionary-Era sites. The city is nicknamed “the […]
Tagged: Lou Engle
American evangelical leader Lou Engle has confirmed his support for the leaders who drafted Uganda’s Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2009. Engle, whose TheCall conference in Uganda promoted the bill that would spell execution for gays and their supporters, told Sarah Posner of Religion Dispatches that he was in favor of “the principle of a nation … restraining […]
Ugandan MP David Bahati was “ecstatic” that American evangelical leader Lou Engle supported his Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2009, according to journalist Jeff Sharlet. The bill, which would effectively make homosexuality – and “aiding” homosexuality – a capital offense, was promoted heavily at Engle’s TheCall Uganda conference in May this year. More recently, Engle apologized and denied having anything […]
Uganda’s Minister of State for Ethics and Integrity James Nsaba Buturo calls for support of the Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2009. He made this speech on May 2 at TheCall, a recent religious rally in Kampala by U.S. based evangelist Lou Engle, the latter having issued what now seems was a deceptive press release just before leaving […]
Despite a recent press release obviously designed to cast his ministry in a better light, Lou Engle, leader of a bizarre religious sect in the United States, has opened his latest conference in Uganda with strong support for the Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2009. The following is from the New York Times: Before arriving here last week, […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Anne Paulk is a bitter, mean, small-minded woman who use her...
- Boo says: Paulk also emphasizes marriage as a form of self-giving — as...
- Tim Warner says: I had an extended email exchange with Anne before she finally...
- Norm says: Like Alan Chambers, Anne Paulk shows that education and expertise in...
- James says: The World Medical Association has condemned the portrayal of homosexuality as...