In 1998, Exodus International plastered the image of husband and wife John and Anne Paulk on billboards across America as proof of the ex-gay message that “Change Is Possible.” Together, the ex-gay married couple wrote a book, Love Won Out, the tale of how “God’s love helped two people leave homosexuality and find each other.” [...]
Tagged: Focus on the Family
Is time up for Exodus International’s Love Won Out? The conference, aimed at family and friends of “those struggling with same-sex attractions,” takes place several times a year in locations all over the United States — but details of upcoming events are conspicuously absent after the conference scheduled for Harrisburg, PA, this weekend. Love Won [...]
The reason I started following the ex-gay movement is directly related to my involvement in the fight for LGBTQ political equality. Our movement differs from earlier civil rights struggles in that we have the extra burden to first prove that we even exist – that is, show people that we are indeed a naturally occurring [...]
The “Day of Dialogue,” once dubbed “Day of Truth” by the Alliance Defense Fund before being handed off to Exodus International, is coming up this April. Now headed by anti-gay socially conservative powerhouse Focus on the Family, this year the DOD will happen the day before the gay-supportive, anti-bullying “Day of Silence.” The DOD (then [...]
PFOX stands for ‘Parents and Friends of Ex-gays and Gays’–despite the fact that the organization is not run by ex-gays, and repeatedly and openly expresses a vituperative disdain for all things gay. One of their more outlandish claims is that there are twice as many “ex-gays” as there are gays. In census terms, that’s about [...]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Ben in Oakland says: So they're admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated. Hmmmmmm.
- Mike Airhart says: It's interesting that Brown and Goldberg won't interview either the survivors...
- David Roberts says: Patrick can do as he feels best, but any changes should...
- Jayson Littman says: You said, "The real question is, how many of those kids...
- David Roberts says: Blogrolls were removed from the core of WordPress recently. I’ve installed...