Exodus’ Freedom Conference began yesterday and goes until the 11th of June. Touted with the motto “The Reality of Grace,” attendees come to hear “a message of Biblical truth and Christ-like compassion to a world impacted by homosexuality.” Watchdog group Truth Wins Out is holding a counter-conference through June 10th. [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/24636642[/vimeo] Exodus couches their rhetoric [...]
Building on David Robert’s post on the Richard Cohen portion of The Rachel Maddow Show, Randy Thomas, Vice President of Exodus International, had some things to say about the exchange. Randy Thomas: I am going to share a review of the actual interview and then move into how I believe she, and some other militant [...]
Randy Thomas, Vice President of Exodus International: Freedom of speech which expresses a difference of opinion on morality and spirituality is not a crime. The following is a case of one of the hackneyed headless monsters that the anti-gay industry loves to trot out, especially in regard to hate crime legislation that includes protections for [...]
Today, April 17th, is the 13th annual “Day of Silence.” For those unaware, the “Day of Silence” is one day out of the school year when participating students choose to remain silent all day as a protest of the silence that many students must keep in order to avoid being harassed by anti-gay bullies at [...]
The current economic situation has affected every individual, business, and organization in America – including ex-gay organizations. I recently even received a newsletter from Jews Offering New Alternatives to Homosexuality (JONAH), virtual tzedakah box in hand. This is the first JONAH email I have ever received after more than a year of scrutinizing them, as [...]
Ex-gay counselor David Pickup, whose “Increasing Manhood” video was met with speculation as to whether or not it was a joke, was recently profiled in an XGW article that showed his obsession with hyper-masculinity. His ex-gay program, “The WorkOUT,” seems to play on both this obsession and the stereotype that gay men are themselves obsessed [...]
April is chock full of teachable moments lest any teacher’s plan book go empty. We have Keep America Beautiful Month, National Poetry Month, and National Frog Month. April birthdays include Leonardo DaVinci, William Shakespeare, and Daffy Duck. Now, Dr. Warren Throckmorton, professor of psychology at Grove City College, and author of the Sexual Identity Therapy [...]
The recent hateful rant by Representative Sally Kern hit home with me, not because of the more widespread comparison she made between gay folks and terrorists, disgusting as it is, but because of her continued rant about the public schools “indoctrinating” children as young as two years old with “the homosexual lifestyle is an acceptable [...]
There is a new interview and discussion of the ex-gay issue from both major angles at InterfaithVoices.org. Peterson Toscano discusses how his life was harmed by the process, after which no change was evident. Alan Calhoun, group leader from Regeneration Ministries discusses his shame over being gay, and his experience with ex-gay ministry personally. Dr. [...]
Dr James Hemming, a child psychologist, humanist and gay rights campaigner, has died at the age of 98. He was Vice President of GALHA, the UK’s Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association, as well as a former President of the British Humanist Association. In the 1980s, he was an outspoken critic of Section 28, the inisidiously [...]
- Alan Chambers Apologizes to LGBTQs June 19, 2013
- Pam Spaulding Closes the Coffee House June 17, 2013
- XGW Digest: June 15, 2013 June 15, 2013
- Lesbian Falls in Love with Man, Realizes Importance of Same-sex Marriage June 12, 2013
- Hardliners Pre-Emptively Spin Exposé of Survivors of Ex-Gay Abuse June 10, 2013
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- bill johnson says: I saw this news on the BTB first so I would...
- Cecilfirefox says: Well, I think Paul's writings need to be understood in the...
- Michael says: Regarding 1 Corinthians 6.9: New research findings (vetted by leading New Testament...
- Cecilfirefox says: Nailed it, David.
- David Roberts says: Everyone has a right to their own faith and beliefs, and...