An ex-gay therapist who surrounds himself with muscular men to help him feel masculine will be the main speaker at a reparative therapy conference in Belfast, Northern Ireland, tomorrow (Tuesday, June 14). He’ll be joined by a Christian therapist who was found guilty of professional malpractice after she told a client his homosexuality was due [...]
Tagged: David Pickup
Ex-gay therapist David Pickup has told the American Psychological Association that he practices “reorientation … therapy,” despite claiming on his website that what he offers is “not therapy.” XGW has already reported on Pickup’s bizarre testimony, which centers on his admiration for big, muscley, men and his belief that gay men cannot be truly masculine. [...]
Gay bloggers recently had a field day with ex-gay counsellor David Pickup’s “Increasing Manhood” video, one even speculating whether it was a spoof, in the vein of Donnie Davies. Unfortunately, Pickup (right) and his campaign to undermine the masculinity of gays — while supposedly helping them to discover their true manhood — are very much [...]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Patrick Fitzgerald says: I'm not doing it a fourth time to get it right,...
- Patrick Fitzgerald says: Ben: So they’re admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated.
- Patrick Fitzgerald says: Ben: So they’re admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated. Thanks...
- Anthony Venn-Brown (@gayambassador) says: Love your work Mike....good article. strange word “Antinomianism” antinomian "one who...
- Ben in Oakland says: So they're admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated. Hmmmmmm.