A conference on gay-to-straight therapy has been forced to seek a new venue after a Polish university withdrew its support. The event, featuring notorious NARTH therapist Joseph Nicolosi, was due to take place on September 16 at the Medical School Foundation in Poznan, Poland. The institution cancelled the event before the contract was signed, however, following [...]
Ex-gay therapist David Pickup has told the American Psychological Association that he practices “reorientation … therapy,” despite claiming on his website that what he offers is “not therapy.” XGW has already reported on Pickup’s bizarre testimony, which centers on his admiration for big, muscley, men and his belief that gay men cannot be truly masculine. [...]
- Don’t Believe in Us? You Don’t Believe in God, RHN Ex-Gays Suggest May 21, 2013
- Discuss: Who Are the Real Ex-Gay ‘Antinomians’ May 19, 2013
- XGW Digest: May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013
- Movie: God Loves Uganda May 17, 2013
- Harm Caused by Ex-gay Therapy is ‘greatly, greatly, greatly exaggerated’ May 16, 2013
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Norm says: I was among those that were banned from RHN's Facebook. ...
- Emily K says: Yeah, I thought evangelical Christianity specifically (and Protestantism in general) was...
- Patrick Fitzgerald says: Ben: So they’re admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated.
- Anthony Venn-Brown (@gayambassador) says: Love your work Mike....good article. strange word “Antinomianism” antinomian "one who...
- Ben in Oakland says: So they're admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated. Hmmmmmm.