Restored Hope Network, which advocates costly gay-conversion therapies and ineffective pray-away-the-gay counseling, is taking its message that gay people are broken and damned to 20 cities in the first half of 2014.
What’s happening this week among hardline ex-gay activists: Veteran ex-gay activist Anne Paulk and Alex McFarland, a guest writer for antigay evangelical James Dobson, equate their own antigay prejudice with”God’s ways” and “His standards and His plan for human relationships.” Opponents of bigotry are “spiritual traitors,” Paulk says. (See screen capture at right.) African-American ex-gay activist […]
VIDEO: Extreme Prophetic Ministries, a reactionary U.S. raise-the-dead ministry, rebukes a tornado and claims that they caused it to dissipate. In 2009, the ministry co-launched Uganda’s kill-the-gays legislation. Now, according to the SPLC, EPM supports imprisoning homosexuals in the Caribbean. A report by the Southern Poverty Law Center says that several U.S. organizations — including […]
Jamaica’s epidemic of antigay violence has worsened in the year since Exodus board member traveled to the island, affirmed harsh antigay laws, and criticized U.S. concern for human rights.
Scott Lively and Peter LaBarbera endorse Russia’s official antigay censorship and extrajudicial violence
Among the churches and synagogues that celebrated NYC Pride, a renewed call to action.
After Exodus International apologized last week for its past practice of blaming parents for homosexuality and ostracizing people who were no more sinful than they, the New York Times followed up with a report on Andy Comiskey, a co-founder of the hardline ex-gay Restored Hope Network. RHN continues to scapegoat parents and to accuse survivors […]
Five things to remember about the Exodus “shutdown.”
Exodus International, the North American umbrella network of ex-gay ministries, announced tonight that it is shutting down and relaunching as a new ministry. Its remaining member ministries — those that have not already joined the hardline ex-gay rebel group, Restored Hope Network (RHN) — will continue to operate, but not under the Exodus International umbrella. […]
Photos by Mike Airhart/Ex-Gay Watch A small coalition of antigay activists met outside the Human Rights Campaign in Washington, D.C., to declare that “homosexuality is nothing to be proud of.” The press event coincides with Capital Pride in the District and national LGBT Pride Month. Speakers included Peter LaBarbera, founder and president of American for […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Mike Airhart says: Restored Hope Network responds on Facebook: "Have you have heard? Apparently, we...
- charles says: It's been a while since you posted an actual article.
- JCF says: I think it's a broken "h" (for hope). The two parts...
- Hyhybt says: Not sure what they were aiming for with the peeing cross...
- James says: ACC-UK considers reparative therapy as potentially harmful The Association of Christian Counsellors...