Last month I posted about how some Ex-Gay Survivors need to take on the Bible for themselves. Religious leaders and Ex-Gay ministers have used the Bible as weapon against us. If we choose to have the Biblical texts in our lives, we need to look at them afresh. In Defensive Theology & the Ex-Gay Movement, […]
People and groups that promote and provide ex-gay treatments are almost always religious. While they may draw on debunked Freudian theories (Re-Fried Freud) and co-opt AA recovery methods, many ex-gay practitioners adhere to pastoral or Biblical counseling. Often it has been the Bible, interpreted by anti-LGBTQ clergy, that lured many of us into ex-gay treatment. […]
I have begun a series of short YouTube videos about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues. In particular, I’m interested in the conflict around faith and sexuality that causes so much strife and oppression for LGBTQ people and their loved ones. Serious stuff for a queer comic to tackle. How come in 2012 people […]
When an ex-gay survivor shares an account of how they tried to change or suppress their orientation or gender non-conforming behavior, some gays and lesbians respond–That’s CRAZY! Why would you ever do something that STUPID! Indeed, it may seem illogical that intelligent queer folk living in modern times get duped by promises of heterosexuality or […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Anne Paulk is a bitter, mean, small-minded woman who use her...
- Boo says: Paulk also emphasizes marriage as a form of self-giving — as...
- Tim Warner says: I had an extended email exchange with Anne before she finally...
- Norm says: Like Alan Chambers, Anne Paulk shows that education and expertise in...
- James says: The World Medical Association has condemned the portrayal of homosexuality as...