- September 5 has been set as the theatrical release date for “Save Me,” the ex-gay drama starring Chad Allen and Judith Light.
- TWO: A panel on “gender issues” organized by the Southern Baptist Church is overrun by ex-gays, is all white and all male except for one member, and seeks to acquire Southern Baptist financial support. They supposedly are also here to offer a “Way Out.”
- Soulforce, Jay Bakker and Peterson Toscano dialogue with the leaders of Willow Creek Church.
- Wayne Besen reports of a man whose partner was “brainwashed” away from him by a born-again Christian woman who pretended to be his friend. The woman was determined “at all costs” to break the couple up and get them out of each other’s lives.
- Peter LaBarbera has accused a Chicago PBS station of airing “religiously-bigotted, pro-homosexual” programming at the taxpayers’ expense. The program aired was about a men’s chorus.
- Ted Baehr argues that homosexuals must be a tiny minority since gay-themed movies earn only one-tenth as much as “movies with very strong Christian worldviews.” By his own logic, then, Christians must outnumber gays ten to one, which would suggest the gay population is between 7-8% – several times higher than Focus on the Family’s numbers and hardly a “tiny minority.”
- Timothy Kincaid of BTB examines “pro-gay marriage-defender” David Benkof, exposing his positions, claims, and arguments by going through them with a fine-tooth comb.
— Emily K
Numerous Inaccuracies in Focus’ Attack on Transgendered Child
Exodus Voices Anger At Methodists — And ‘liberal’ Churches
Clients Accuse Ex-Gay Life Coach of Sexual Misconduct
XGW Digest: October 10, 2009
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Ben in Oakland says: So they're admitting there IS harm, but its just exaggerated. Hmmmmmm.
- Mike Airhart says: It's interesting that Brown and Goldberg won't interview either the survivors...
- David Roberts says: Patrick can do as he feels best, but any changes should...
- Jayson Littman says: You said, "The real question is, how many of those kids...
- David Roberts says: Blogrolls were removed from the core of WordPress recently. I’ve installed...